Sunday, April 14, 2013

Veggie Wrap with Cucumber Mint Raita Sauce

My high school, and later college, friend Tonya popped up from Venice Beach to visit me this weekend. It was a blast, as it always is when friends come to town. Lots of eating out, wine tasting, bar hopping and long-walking. After an indulgent weekend, I always hit the vegetables hard to get my engines back to neutral.

image

I’ve made tzatziki sauce before, but never raita. Since my neighbors conveniently started an herb garden on the back stairs, that featured mint but no dill, I opted for the Indian over the Mediterranean yogurt sauce.

IMG_2476

It kicked tzatziki’s butt. It also made for a delicious sauce in my lunch wrap.

IMG_2477

IMG_2480

Vegetable Wrap with Cucumber Mint Raita
(makes 2 servings)

1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
1/4 cup chopped cucumber
handful fresh mint leaves, chopped
1 green onion, diced
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
dash cayenne pepper
pinch cumin
salt and pepper

2 wheat tortillas
1 tomato, sliced
1/2 bell pepper, sliced
feta, crumbled
pea shoots

Combine raita sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Spread sauce on tortilla and top with remaining vegetables and cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment