Thursday, April 7, 2011

Goat Cheese, Spinach, Spicy Italian Sausage Pizza & Cooked Kale

Sound familiar? I am not one to waste leftovers. So in an effort to make dinner with them, after starring blankly into space in the food section at Target, I grabbed Naan bread. The rest of my random loot was a binder, carrot face wash (sounded cool), and gum. Since I was left with over a pound of kale, I looked up a quick recipe to cook them down. Through this recipe I discovered what a magical marriage goat cheese and marinara sauce are. (Why did I doubt this?) So much so, that I had spaghetti with goat cheese on top the next night.
IMG_0703
(Evan got the sausage one, I kept mine mostly veggie)
Cooked kale:
1 lb kale
2 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup chicken stock or water
salt and pepper
red pepper flakes
red wine vinegar

Heat the garlic in olive oil until fragrant. Add chicken stock and kale. Mix around then cover with lid to steam for a few minutes. Remove lid and stop cooking when it reaches desired texture, then season with pepper flakes and vinegar.
IMG_0704
Pizza:
1 piece of naan bread
marinara sauce
goat cheese
spicy Italian sausage
spinach
basil
parmesan

*Cook sausage before you put it on the pizza. Bake pizza at 400 for about 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment