Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Crepes with Honey Yogurt and Mixed Berries

I’d waited long enough to tackle the crepe. My obsession with crepes started when I purchased a strawberry, banana and nutella crepe from a guy in a stand (we fondly refer to as the Crepe Man) in Eastern Market. I found this recipe on Poor Girl Eats Well and adapted it to the groceries in my fridge. Evan <3’s BoGo (buy one get one) deals, which left me with two cartons of strawberries to work with.
IMG_0762
Crepe ingredients:
1/2 cup flour
3/4 c nonfat milk
1 T butter, melted
1 T sugar
powdered sugar (for dusting)
cooking spray
IMG_0761
These crepes are so easy and you don’t need a crepe pan, as I had previously believed. Just pour the batter to cover the greased pan, and flip with a spatula when one side is cooked. I stuffed it with plain Greek mixed with honey, strawberries and blueberries. They’re the perfect hybrid between pancake and omelet. Swap out the sugar for a little salt and fill with savory ingredients. I’m planning on a smoked salmon, cream cheese and dill version soon.
IMG_0759
A wide mouth tuna sandwich preceded the crepes. Another PGEW recipe – love her. This tuna salad had toasted almonds, dried cranberries, red onion, honey mustard and Greek yogurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment