Thursday, October 27, 2011

Fall Feast with Apple Tarts

What was supposed to be our book club meeting turned into a fall feast for two. I had planned to bring easy apple tarts and Molly had stocked up at Trader Joe's with crackers, cheeses, butternut squash soup, and wine. Tonight was much more my speed, especially since I had only scanned the SparkNotes once again... In my defense, I've read 1984 before, so I was hoping to pull from previous knowledge from 9th grade English.

IMG_1445

I threw together the apple puff pastry desserts at Molly's and sat down to our spread.  

Friends are the cheapest therapy :)

IMG_1446

Easy Apple Tarts

1 package puff pastry
2-3 granny smith apples, sliced thin
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 1/2 cinnamon
pinch of nutmeg
lemon or orange zest
apricot jam, warmed

Roll out the puff pastry and cut into 2" squares - or use a fluted cutter - and place on lined baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes. While still warm, brush with warmed jam and let cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment