Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Baked Salmon & Warm Goat Cheese Salad

Hope everyone had a lovely Tuesday. I was feeling a bit eager to get through the work day because of all the things to look forward to when I got home. A good work out, my painting, a delicious dinner, a new episode of Glee. So much to do, so little time!

IMG_1463

I've long been a fan of Ina Garten's Warm Goat Cheese Salad with the breaded and fried goat cheese rounds. To make it a meal, I flaked a salmon fillet that I baked with salt, pepper, cayenne and lemon juice and put it on top of the salad. Dressed it up with a Dijon vinaigrette. 

IMG_1464

On the side, I had homemade hummus and sweet potato chips I baked last night. Having a mandolin comes in handy! I just thinly sliced a sweet potato, drizzled the slices with olive oil, salt, pepper and paprika, then baked them at 450 for 20 minutes. 

IMG_1462

Baked Salmon & Warm Goat Cheese Salad

     1 salmon fillet
     salt and pepper
     cayenne
     squeeze of lemon

     2 slices of goat cheese
     1 egg white
     bread crumbs
     olive oil

     spinach
     cucumber
     sugar snap peas
     carrot, ribbons
     avocado slices

     2 tablespoon olive oil
     1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
     1 teaspoon cider vinegar
     1 clove garlic, minced
     1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
     squeeze lemon juice
     salt and pepper
     (fresh dill would be great in this too)

Sprinkle salmon with juice, salt, pepper and cayenne. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large skillet heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Coat goat cheese slices with egg white and bread crumbs. Fry on each side for about 2 minutes, until bread crumbs are brown. Assemble and dress salad.

1 comment:

  1. Jealous! Breaded/Fried goat cheese rounds? Get out of town. We should make this when I'm there.

    ReplyDelete