Monday, December 5, 2011

Quinoa Cakes with Spicy Yogurt Sauce

My weekend in NYC was amazing. The most fun I’ve had, maybe ever. But surprise, surprise…I’m sick. Again. Two weeks later. Gotta pay to play, I guess. Luckily I was still able to taste dinner. I cut the recipe in half and made the sauce with yogurt instead of mayonnaise. The original recipe on Spoon Fork Bacon makes about 4 servings.

IMG_1524

Quinoa Cakes with Spicy Yogurt Sauce

1 cup cooked quinoa
1/3-1/2 cup grated Fontina cheese
1 1/2 tablespoons flour
1 green onion, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons egg, beaten 
1 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt to taste

1/4 cup Greek yogurt
1 clove garlic, minced
1 to 2 teaspoons lemon juice
cayenne to taste preference
salt and pepper

Combine quinoa, cheese, flour, onion, egg, pepper and salt together. Heat oil in a skillet and drop scoop into pan and flatten. Cook about 4-5 minutes a side. Combine Greek yogurt and the rest of the ingredients together. Top cakes with yogurt sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment