Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Salmon Salad Open’wich

How does one go about moving across the country? I can tell you because I've done it a time or two. You throw sh*t out. Why don't my parents have those crappy, but promising, pieces of my artwork from kindergarten? Why do I doubt I have a copy of my high school or college diplomas? Why do all of the clothes I own fit in one small closet? You have to make some hard decisions when you move. Live light. I think it has instilled good anti-hoarder habits that I have carried through life (maybe this is why I struggle to grasp the importance of filing papers?) As I prepare to move out of DC, I have liberally started the paring down process. I'm pretty sure by the time Fall rolls around, I'll be lucky to have a toothbrush. 

IMG_1897

Tonight's dinner needed to be light to accommodate for Ina Garten's coconut cupcakes that Kat made for our Bach viewing party. Canned fish and sandwich thins in a pinch! 

IMG_1898

Salmon Salad Open’wich

1 can salmon, packed in water
2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
sriracha to taste
salt and pepper
diced cucumber
diced avocado
sandwich thin
sliced tomato
shaved Parmesan

Strain water from salmon and place in medium size bowl. Add yogurt, mustard, sriracha, salt and pepper to the bowl and mix until combined. Stir in diced cucumber and top toasted sandwich thin or bread. Pile high with tomato, avocado, cheese – or whatever you’ve got.

No comments:

Post a Comment