Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Froyo Mango Granola Pie

The day before I left for Ghana, I invited a group of girls over for a going away dinner party. The theme was A Tapas Picnic, so everyone brought over an appetizer and we spread out on a blanket in the middle of our living room. I came up with this dessert in my head a while ago that’s basically the dessert version of my typical breakfast. Yogurt, fruit and granola. It turned out to be a great choice before Africa since it was the last cold dairy food that I had for about a month.

photo (36)

Froyo Mango Granola Pie

2 cups granola
1/2 cup pecans
4 tablespoons butter, melted
1 tablespoon maple syrup

1 pint frozen yogurt
1 large mango, diced

Preheat oven to 350. In a food processor, blend first four ingredients until well combined. Press mixture into a greased pie dish and bake for 10 minutes. Cool completely.

In a saucepan, heat mango over low heat until fruit starts to breakdown and becomes a chunky sauce. Remove from heat and cool completely.

Slightly thaw frozen yogurt and spread into pie crust. Top with cooled fruit and freeze for 1-2 hours or until frozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment