Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Potato Veggie Quiche

What do you during long conference calls?

photo (56)

Some doodle. Some read the news. Some pay attention. Personally, I come up with new recipes to make for dinner. And so this strata/quiche recipe was born. What would have made this recipe twice and fun and exciting to make is my little mandolin. Unfortunately, she is still boxed up while I reside in this temporary housing in the heart of the “tender nob” of San Fran. Come October 15th, I’ll happily march my way up Russian Hill to my super cute little apartment on Union St. with my cookware in tow.  But I digress…

IMG_2185

The potato layer gets cooked briefly to soften the potatoes and get it ready for the veggie packed, eggy layer it supports.

IMG_2186

Then it all bakes until it’s married happily in quiche form.

IMG_2189

Potato Veggie Quiche

1 sweet potato, thinly sliced
½ russet potato, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
½ yellow onion, diced
½ head broccoli, cut into small pieces
½ cup mushrooms, sliced
½ cup corn
¼ cup grape tomatoes
2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
3 eggs, whisked with ¼ cup soymilk
Salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 375. Toss sliced potato slices with olive oil, rosemary and a little salt and pepper, and layer in greased pie pan. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until potatoes are tender and lightly brown.

Meanwhile, cook vegetables until just tender in a skillet with olive oil. Add vegetables and cheese to potato crust and pour egg mixture on top. Bake for another 17-20 or until egg is set.

No comments:

Post a Comment