Tuesday, September 18, 2012

WLC: Day 3 ~ Kale Slaw & Updated Beet Soup

I don’t know if it’s the lack of carbs or the lack of caffeine, but I am exhausted. Walking up the stairs to my apartment this afternoon I had high aspirations of going for a walk, and later meeting friends for Taco Tuesday (to watch them eat), but by the time I got to the stop of the stairs I knew I wasn’t coming back down until tomorrow. Besides, I had to make my kale slaw to pack for lunch.

IMG_2162

Kale Slaw

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
1-2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
salt and pepper
2 cups kale, stems removed, shredded
2 cup red cabbage, shredded
2 tablespoon diced red onion
1 large carrot, julienned
1/2 cup corn kernels
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
3 tablespoons sunflower seeds

In a small bowl, mix olive oil, mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper. In a large bowl, combine vegetables, then drizzle with sauce and sprinkle with seeds.

IMG_2163

As planned, dinner was roasted garlic and beet soup with a side of sautéed zucchini and carrots. I kicked the soup up a crucial notch by stirring in about 1/2 cup corn kernels and a tablespoon or two of apple cider vinegar, which added a some much needed texture and bite. Half way done with the WLC… no sweat.

No comments:

Post a Comment