Saturday, November 3, 2012

Chocolate Chip Rosemary Shortbread Cookies

I <3 rooftops. I spent most of my Saturday up on mine, finishing my book and getting some sun.

IMG_2274

It was there that my extreme suggestibility – after reading about the main character taking her rosemary garlic knots out of the oven - gave me the idea to make rosemary…shortbread cookies? Who knows where my mind gets these ideas.

IMG_2273

Shortbread cookies are very simple cookies with endless possibilities. Next time, I might swap the chocolate for parmesan to make savory cookies.

IMG_2272

The only hard part was cutting the cookies into uniform shapes. As you can see, that didn’t happen. *I used Melissa d’Arabian’s recipe for these cookies, which is unfortunate because I find her incredibly annoying. I was able to get over it. Bravo chica, I like your cookies.

IMG_2277

IMG_2278

Chocolate Chip Rosemary Shortbread

1 stick butter (room temperature)
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary (I used fresh)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup mini chocolate chips (I chopped regular chocolate chips)

In a large bowl, beat sugar and butter until fluffy. Add in flour, salt and rosemary a fourth cup at a time. Stir in chocolate chips and wrap up dough in wax paper and chill for 15 minutes.

Preheat oven to 300 and have cookie sheet chilling in the fridge. Roll out dough and slice into rectangles. Place cookies on an ungreased, chilled cookie sheet and bake for 25 minutes, or until lightly brown. Cool completely on rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment