Sunday, November 4, 2012

Zucchini & Goat Cheese Quesadillas with Balsamic Yogurt

When I think back on my Sunday, everything I did revolved around food. I hit the farmers market bright and early with my friend Amy. Though I only ended up with kale (obvi), a pepper and some oranges, I got my fill of samples. Let’s face it, that’s 97% of the reason anyone goes to farmers markets.

IMG_2282

I made an early lunch – the only reason I did everything early today was that sneaky time change. I had a sneaking suspicion I would be eating again before dinner so I made it light, kale chips and spinach, pear, goat cheese salad. Sure enough, I went to a neighbors for a cookout on his roof (love rooftops!). Later, I met a friend for some hun-cal fro-yo.

IMG_2287

And now I’ve just spent the last few hours in the kitchen preparing the next few days worth of breakfast smoothies, chicken salad lunches and a roasted vegetable quesadilla for dinner. What will I be re-reading before bed? Food Rules by Michael Pollan. Yeah, I guess you could call food my hobby.

IMG_2292

Zucchini & Goat Cheese Quesadillas

1 wheat tortilla
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 zucchini, diced
2 tablespoons diced red onion
1 ounce goat cheese
1 ounce grated mozzarella/fontina/other melty cheese
handful spinach leaves
drizzle balsamic vinegar

1/4 cup plain yogurt
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar

In a skillet, sauté onions and zucchini until tender. Remove from pan and replace with tortilla. Layer cheese, vegetables, spinach and drizzle of balsamic vinegar and cook over medium heat. In a small bowl, mix yogurt and balsamic. Cut quesadilla in thirds and top with balsamic yogurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment