Sunday, May 18, 2014

A Love Note & Beet Toast

Oh long lost blog of mine, don’t be mad at me. I didn’t forget about you. We’ve had hurdles to overcome and I still don’t know if we’re really ready to get back together. First, my computer died which really made seeing each other difficult. Then I moved, moved in with my boyfriend, took over 2 people’s jobs at work… and we really lost touch.

But every time I put the extra effort into a unique dinner or indulgent dessert, I think of you. So here I am with a glimpse at lunch from this Saturday.

 photo 1

With love,

China

Beet Avocado Toast with Goat Cheese

1 slice sourdough bread
1 golden beet
1 tablespoon olive oil
salt/pepper/cayenne
1/2 avocado
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 ounce goat cheese

Preheat oven to 400. Slice beet into 1/4” slices and spread onto a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt, pepper and cayenne. Roast for 12-15 minutes, until tender.

Meanwhile, toast sourdough bread until desired crunchiness. Mash avocado with salt, pepper and lemon juice. Spread onto toast, top with sliced beets and sprinkle goat cheese. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment