Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Day 3: Dinner at Spruce

Cleanses, or any kind of diet, makes being social difficult. In some cases you can warn the people you're with to avoid being rude (i.e. I have book club tomorrow and already emailed the host to let her know I will not be able to have a bowl of her clam chowder in sourdough bread bowl- tragic!). In other cases, when you're at one of the more reputable restaurants in the city, dining on your company's dime, and entertaining clients...you take the cookie. And by cookie, I mean the Italian red wine, fresh cranberry bread with salted butter, and a couple of piping hot out of the oven brioche beignets. Sadly, photos of food at the table is a tiny faux pas, but Yelp had one I could borrow. Pillows of steamy heaven.

Most of the day I was able to keep it within the lines:
- Breakfast: Overnight oats: 1/2 cup old fashioned oats, 1 cup almond milk, sprinkle chia seeds, 3 chopped dried apricots, 4 large chunks frozen mango

- Lunch: Leftover brussels sprouts and tofu stir-fry over coconut rice. *I solved the second sriracha near-crisis of the 24 hours. My teammate assumed her bottle had run out, so she threw it away. I fished it out of the recycling bin and shook out a few last drops over my lunch. There's empty, and there's empty.
I'm not proud of this.

- Snack: Apple with almond butter (on the go! in an uber). Later, a hard boiled egg and carrots.


- Dinner: A slice of cranberry bread with salted butter
Smip Ranch beets over goat cheese labneh, roti and cocoa nibs
Roasted red snapper with caramelized sunchokes, satsuma mandarin oranges, oil-cured olives
2 Brioche beignets with bittersweet chocolate sauce and creme anglaise 
Bites of the pear and walnut tart, parsnip pudding, cassis, and long pepper ice cream
...and with the bill, a square of peanut butter and chocolate fudge with flaked sea salt

It was a good day.




No comments:

Post a Comment