Sunday, May 1, 2011

Greek Pizza

This weekend has hardly felt like a weekend. Between spending Saturday morning at a Credit Union, Saturday afternoon car hunting and Saturday night at a work event, I haven’t had much chillin’ time. I think it’s been worth it but I don’t want to jinx it…
To finish off the weekend, I made a Greek pizza to eat while watching the Capitals in the Stanley Cup playoffs. I don’t think I’ve quite mastered rolling out pizza dough to be thin enough. My pizzas end up a little on the bready side. IMG_0764
I’ll get there.
IMG_0766
Greek Pizza

pizza dough
marinara sauce
mozzarella
feta cheese
artichoke hearts, quartered
roma tomato
kalamata olives, halved
dried oregano
dried basil
IMG_0767
Roll the dough out on a floured surface then arrange on baking sheet. Top with marinara, mozzarella cheese, then remaining ingredients. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 425 degrees.
IMG_0769
** Saving money tip: instead of buying a jar of kalamata olives –which run about $6-8, go to the olive bar and only buy as many as you need for the recipe. Mine only cost $0.97.

1 comment:

  1. Smart money saving tip! If I was to do this recipe (which I really want to) I'd do that. I really like your blog, China!

    ReplyDelete