Monday, July 25, 2011

Tapas: It’s what’s for dinner!

How great are tapas? It’s the perfect way to use up what’s in the fridge and make a creative dinner with a lot of variety. Furthermore, I always read about appetizer recipes I want to make for a dinner party or entertaining guests (but at my age, these occasions don’t happen that often). When I grow up - and live in a nice house with a huge vegetable garden - I will have friends over for creative appetizers, tea and desserts, and fun cocktails all the time!  Until then, I’ll just make them for myself for dinner.
IMG_1170

~Tapas Menu~
Watermelon
Caprese salad with a huge farmers market tomato
IMG_1163
White peach wrapped in prosciutto with a sprinkle of fresh mint and honey
IMG_1167
Mixed olives
Sriracha buttered shrimp

The sriracha shrimp left a lasting burn in my mouth, but they were delicious. This was my maiden voyage with the spicy Asian sauce, and I’m definitely a fan. I found the recipe on Bon Appetit's website.
IMG_1169

Ingredients:
1 lb shrimp
6 tbsp sriracha
2 tbsp butter
3 cloves garlic
1 tbsp lemon zest
2 tbsp minced fresh mint
2 tbsp minced fresh basil

Whip butter with Sriracha and melt in skillet.  Sauté minced garlic in it and toss in shrimp. Just before they're done, add lemon zest and mint and basil and let them wilt.
IMG_1166
For dessert, two scoops of this gorgeous ice cream:
IMG_1172

No comments:

Post a Comment