Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Garden Tuna Pasta Salad

The way I’m able to resist all of the amazing, creative, tempting restaurants in SF and Piedmont is to make a regimented cooking calendar for the week and have the necessary groceries on hand. I’m proud to say that this week I’ve stuck to my schedule. Tonight was a pasta salad with the remaining vegetables in the fridge and can of tuna, all combined with a Greek yogurt dressing. It was light and flavorful, with enough leftovers for lunch tomorrow. Win-win.

In my regimented calendar, along with the dinner menu, are my packed lunch menu and outfit schedule. Now that I get my work email on my phone, my outlook calendar is synched with my Google calendar and I am just pleased as punch to have my little life completely organized at my finger tips. It takes a lot of pressure of my brain having to remember things if I can just have everything I need to do/eat/wear push-notified to me 10 minutes prior. Am I crazy or progressive?

IMG_2139

Garden Tuna Pasta Salad

1/2 pound cheese tortellini
1 can white meat tuna, drained
1/4 zucchini, sliced thinly
1/2 avocado, diced
cherry tomatoes, halved
2 tablespoons minced red onion
1 tablespoon capers
kalamata olives, diced
fresh basil, chopped
parmesan cheese
handful of mixed greens, per serving

1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon sriracha
1-2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 lemon, juiced
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper

Cook tortellini per package instructions. Combine the ingredients from tuna through olives in a large bowl. In a smaller bowl, combine ingredients for sauce and taste to make sure no adjustments are needed. Toss in pasta to large bowl, then stir in sauce. Finally mix in basil and top with parmesan cheese. Serve at room temperature or refrigerate.

No comments:

Post a Comment