Sunday, August 5, 2012

Where I’ve Been…

I have been seriously M.I.A. from the Plate this month. There was really no way around it when you’re living a movie star life, which is what I’ve been doing.

photo (102)

photo (48)

photo (111)

I made my move to SF, got a job (hooray!) and then had a group of friends from the east coast come to visit. It was quite a visit. photo (58)photo (68)photo (92)photo (113)

Napa, San Francisco, Tahoe… with amazing meals along the way.

photo (83)

I cooked for the group one of the nights we were in Tahoe to go along with a couple amazing bottles of wine. With the help of the boys on the grill, I made grilled steak sandwiches on ciabatta bread with caramelized onions, brie, Dijon and tomato, with a mixed greens salad of strawberries, goat cheese, avocado and almonds.

photo (88)

Other than that, we did a lot of eating out. Some of the amazing places we went that I strongly recommend are: Foreign Cinema in the Mission in SF, Gotts Roadside in the Ferry Building, River Grill and Jake's on the Lake in Tahoe City, and Jimtown Store for sandwiches in Napa.

All good things have to end. All my friends have left and real life is setting in. The bright side is that I start work tomorrow! I’m starting as a Project Coordinator at Hogue, a commercial furniture distributor and project management firm that’s right in the heart of the financial district. My biggest concern at the moment: not having next to enough cute work clothes.

Now begins the hunt for an apartment…

No comments:

Post a Comment