Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Black Bean Nacho-zza

IMG_2205

Using up tortillas is always a struggle for me. Actually, using up bread in general. Since I am now in my last week in my sublet, I am working on using up all of my food. One of my favorite uses of tortillas is to make them into chip-like pizzas – or really flat nachos. In this case, I baked the tortilla by itself briefly to crisp it up, then topped it with black beans, feta, onion and jalapeno and baked it until toasty. I finished it off with diced tomato, avocado, cilantro and hot sauce.

IMG_2204

Black Bean Nacho-zza

1 wheat tortilla
1/2 cup black beans
1 tablespoon onions, diced
1 tablespoon jalapeno, diced
2 tablespoons feta, crumbled
1/2 tomato, diced
1/2 avocado, diced
cilantro
hot sauce

Preheat oven to 375. Prick tortilla with fork and bake for 5 minutes until crisp. Remove and crank oven to broil. Top tortilla with beans, onions, jalapeno and feta and place back in the oven for 5 minutes or until toppings are warmed through. Top with remaining ingredients and season with hot sauce, salt and pepper if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment