Sunday, October 21, 2012

Home on the Hill

After almost 5 months without a permanent address, I have moved to my new house in Russian Hill. When you have no furniture to your name, moving can be overwhelming. I needed EVERYTHING.

IMG_2212

After the help of my aunt, friends with cars, taxis from Target and Mattress Discounters delivery men, my room is starting to show potential.

IMG_2223

But what really makes a house a home is the kitchen. Ours is wonderfully spacious and well lit with great views.

IMG_2213

(View from the back door) And for the brave, there is even access to the roof by way of a precariously steep ladder.

IMG_2214

To break her in, I whipped together a batch of Tollhouse cookie dough - which I store in the freezer and cut off chunks to bake a cookie whenever my heart desires. This afternoon’s cookie had a spoonful of peanut butter baked into it Winking smileAnd if you cant tell… this is the kind of cookie you eat with a spoon, baked just a step above raw dough.

IMG_2222

1 comment: