Monday, August 29, 2011

Basil & Goat Cheese Chicken

Goodbye summer hours and casual dress code. Hello little kids running around and lots of work. I couldn’t be happier. This also means a lot less time to putz around on the internet looking for a dinner recipe, so I turned to an oldie goldie…

IMG_1341

When Evan moved to DC and I was still a senior in college, he would come back to Chapel Hill to visit about once a month. Anxiety would always start creeping up inside me after lunch on Sunday, knowing he would have to leave soon to drive back. So we came up with a plan (really, an excuse) for him to stay a tiny bit longer. We would cook Sunday Night Dinner. I kid you not, I hardly ever cooked before these dinners. Yes, I watched Food Network, but living in a house of four girls with minimal refrigerator real estate, I didn’t go there. So we were breaking new ground. And the first recipe I made us was Ina’s Herbed Goat Cheese Chicken.

IMG_1343

Basil & Goat Cheese Chicken

2 chicken breasts, bone-in, skin on
4 ounces goat cheese
4 basil leaves
olive oil
salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 375. Place chicken breasts in baking dish, and loosen skin from meat with your fingers. Place slices of goat cheese with basil leaves under the skin, then rub with olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake for 40 minutes, until cooked through and let sit for 5-10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment