Thursday, August 25, 2011

Pistachio Crusted Salmon

I always say, “if I could get a lifetime gift card to one place, it would be Whole Foods”. I actually say that, and I mean it. Tonight, Whole Foods saved the day again. The fish counter always has my back. They’re beauties.

IMG_1327

Lay the filets on a foiled baking sheet and bake at 350 for around 15 minutes. Easy as pie! *Assuming pie is easy. Next to the salmon, we had a baked sweet potato with a little butter, brown sugar and cinnamon, and sautéed broccoli and spinach in lemon and garlic.

(Not pictured due to my impatience and hunger in that moment)

Exciting updates: I survived the earthquake. It was close. Actual pieces of the National Cathedral broke off. The humanity!

cathedral

The bigger news is that Quin and I are trying out the WSJ Wine Discovery Club.

wine

Every few months they ship you 12 bottles of hand selected wines (we chose the mix of whites and reds) with tasting notes. Our goal is to make a meal that will compliment each bottle. A tasty, educational little project.

IMG_1329

P.S. Thank you to Grandma, who got me Everyday with Rachel Ray magazine for my birthday. But I just got my October 2011 issue, and it’s not even September yet…pump the brakes, Rachel.

P.P.S. I got the Pea book!! And it’s signed! “To China Pea” SmileMama Pea is one of my fav bloggers – she cracks me up. Glad I’m officially supporting her!

IMG_1328

My mom’s really good at surprising me with gifts in the mail.

1 comment: