Monday, August 1, 2011

Exposé on Tryst and Mint Oreo Truffles

I know, I know. I’ve made Oreo truffles at least 3 times on this blog already. But these are mint Oreos. And they’re for a very important event: Bachelorette Finale. JP or Ben F?!
IMG_1204
There is a coupon-like website that's called scoutmob that has daily deals to restaurants in your area - but unlike other sites, these are free coupons!  Tryst, a coffee house/bar/restaurant in Adams Morgan was featured on their site last week, so Evan and I went to try out it.
IMG_1200
IMG_1199
The place is cool and funky, with old mismatched sofas, a copper plated ceiling and an even funkier clientele. This shouldn’t have been an issue, but I kid you not, I think we were discriminated against for not being funky enough. I ordered a banana, strawberry and pineapple smoothie to start and when it arrived it was just the smoothie in a glass.
IMG_1198
Around us, I noticed people who had ordered the same thing, but they were served with a garnish of pineapple AND animal crackers. I was suspicious, but after a 25 minute wait for our deli sandwiches – and noticing others getting their food way before us – I put it together. We must have had Starbucks written all over us. Other than that, the food was delicious.
IMG_1202
I had the turkey, avocado, sprout sandwich with homemade veggie cream cheese.
IMG_1201
Evan had the roast beef with red peppers, feta and tahini dressing. I’ll probably go back for the food, there were just too many interesting sandwiches to try!
Hip, Hip, Hooray! It’s August! That means I’m closer to going home to Portland (6 days!), trip to Charleston!, brisk mornings, football Saturdays in Chapel Hill, sweaters Smile
CH
The things I will definitely miss will be the fresh fruit and tomatoes. Ah, and the Summer House sandwich from Jetties:
Jetties

No comments:

Post a Comment