Monday, September 19, 2011

Apple Pie Oatmeal

Spur of the moment last week, I decided to go down to Chapel Hill for the football game on Saturday. During the game I thought, "why don't I do this more?" I get to see friends, play on old stomping grounds, eat and drink much cheaper...then around midnight when I was VERY ready for bed and I realized I didn't really have a place to stay - I remembered why I don't go down there more. 

IMG_1421

I don't have the rebound capacity like I did back in the day. When I don't get a good night sleep one night, it takes at least 2 days to catch up and feel normal again. But hey, it was fun while it lasted.

So, Monday morning called for something hot and comforting.

IMG_1423

Apple Pie Oatmeal
 

     1/2 cup oats
     1 cup water
     1/2 apple, diced
     cinnamon
     nutmeg
     splash of vanilla extract

     maple syrup (or brown sugar)
     peanut butter
     dash cinnamon

     *nuts and raisins would be great additions

Microwave the first 6 ingredients together for 3 minutes, then top with remaining ingredients.

IMG_1424

No comments:

Post a Comment