Wednesday, September 21, 2011

B4D: Cinnana Pecan Pancakes

I've made pancakes three times since I got the Peas and Thank You cookbook last month. Her recipe is egg-less which is great for a couple reasons. I don't always have eggs on hand, and I can steal bites of the batter while I patiently wait for my dinner partner to get home from work. 

I went a little overboard and made bacon and scrambled eggs with basil and Gruyère. 

IMG_1430

Cinnana Pecan Pancakes

1 3/4 cup flour (I mixed wheat and white)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1-2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 1/2 cups milk
Handful of toasted pecans
1 very ripe banana, mushed or diced
Canola oil for greasing pan

Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl, then mix in milk. Fold in pecans and banana. Cook pancakes on oiled griddle or skillet. 

These are great topped with Greek yogurt and maple syrup. 

No comments:

Post a Comment