Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Sweet & Spicy Salmon

I think I probably eat too much salmon. It’s by far my favorite fish, and the most versatile. What other fish is just as good broiled as it is on a bagel?
IMG_0409
I didn’t bother removing the skin, just laid the skin down on the pan and it came off easily after it was cooked. I adapted this recipe from Tasty Kitchen but kicked it up a notch.
IMG_0411
The rub was three simple ingredients: 2 tbsp brown sugar, 1 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp cayenne. First, place fish on pan covered with tin foil. Brush the fish with red pepper jelly, then sprinkle with brown sugar mixture and a little salt.
IMG_0413Broil on high for 8-10 minutes, then remove and let sit for 5-10 minutes. Serve with a slice of lime.
IMG_0416
Now off to Town Hall to watch the Heels (cross your fingers) beat Boston College!

Atlantic Salmon

1 comment:

  1. Now that is delicious.I came across your site from the foodieblogroll and I'd love to guide Foodista readers to your site. I hope you could add this salmon widget at the end of this post so we could add you in our list of food bloggers who blogged about recipes for salmon,Thanks!

    ReplyDelete