Sunday, February 20, 2011

Weekend Restaurant Warriors

It doesn’t really make sense that I eat out the most on the days when I have the most time and resources to go to the grocery store and plan a meal, the weekend. This weekend has been heavy on the meals out, which definitely adds up. I’m not complaining though, they’ve been well worth it.
Friday night, Stephanie and I went out to dinner before heading to a friends house warming party. We settled on Le Pain Quotidien, one of the more foodie chain restaurants out there (which I appreciate).
IMG_0459
We both ordered off of their tartine menu (this reminded me of the croissant recipe I still need to make from my Tartine Cookbook!). I chose the grilled chicken and smoked mozzarella with arugula and basil pesto tartine.
IMG_0460
Steph had the prosciutto and mozzarella di Bufala with sundried tomatoes and basil pesto. I love this place. (Pictures courtesy of Stephanie)
IMG_0462
The next night – Hibachi. Perfect place for a group of 10, and it’s fun and exciting EVERY time. I had my first sake bomb experience. I wasn’t crazy about the temperature/taste of the mixture, but you’ve gotta love how disruptive interactive it is.
IMG_0465
I really tried with the chopsticks, but my impatience kicked in and I switched over to the fork. I actually managed to clean my plate. In my day, I used to have leftovers for days after going to a Japanese steak house. Smaller portions? More stomach capacity? Either way, no leftovers Sad smile. As you’d expect after a meal like that, most of us called it a night.

2 comments:

  1. Did you do the sake bomb using chopsticks? Hitting the table and all that? Or did you just drop it in? Sounds weird, warm sake and beer.
    The portions definitely look smaller.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, balancing the sake over the beer with chopsticks then banging on the table. It is a little strange..

    ReplyDelete