Wednesday, February 16, 2011

White Bean, Rosemary & Parmesan Stuffed Tomatoes

My appetizer for Book Club! My dear friend Molly invited me to join her book club that her and her sister just started, and naturally I was thrilled. First book on the table: Fahrenheit 451. Great discussion, interesting tangents about everything from birthing children documentaries to awkward first dates, and FOOD. I found an interesting recipe for stuffed tomatoes this morning and decided to take it on. However, Whole Foods did not have suitable plum tomatoes so I went with grape tomatoes. This meant a lot more tomatoes to scoop out and fill and sprinkle and drizzle.
IMG_0451
Hence, I showed up a little late to book club.
IMG_0452
Though I was working off a recipe I found on a blog…I made a couple edits and additions.
My version:
10-15 grape tomatoes
1 can cannellini beans
1 tbsp olive oil, more for drizzling
2 tbsp chicken broth
1 clove garlic, minced
Salt & pepper
1 tbsp green onions
1 tbsp fresh or dried rosemary
1 small shallot, mince
Squeeze lemon juice
Sprinkle of freshly grated Parmesan over each tomato

Slice tomatoes in half, scoop out seeds and arrange in a baking dish. Blend rest of ingredients except Parmesan in a food processor until smooth. Spoon into each tomato and top with Parmesan and sprinkle of olive oil. Bake at 400 for 7-8 minutes.
IMG_0455
These are best hot right out of the oven. Unfortunately, the bus ride down to Molly’s in Georgetown caused these guys to get a little on the over done side. Not to worry because most of us were too busy refilling wine glasses to worry about filling plates.

No comments:

Post a Comment