Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Overnight Oats

I used to have oatmeal almost every morning, but in the summer a bowl of hot oats is too much to handle. This was a refreshing alternative!  IMG_0829
Right after dinner last night, I put together a bowl of “overnight oats” and left it in the fridge overnight to do its thing.
IMG_0827
The mixture:
1/3 cup old fashioned oats
1/3 cup plain yogurt
2/3 cup almond milk (or any other kind of milk)
splash of vanilla
pinch of salt

IMG_0830
This morning I topped mine with half a sliced banana, frozen mixed berries (thawed), granola and shaved coconut. On the side, I had a glass of lemon water, which I read on back to her roots is supposed to be good for digestion and purification.
Speaking of healthy, I went for a run after work today (I’m trying to keep it up!). Unfortunately, running was hard today. Some days are just harder than others. So it was brief and ended with a 20 minute homemade workout in my room using moves such as this:
image
and:
image
Since dinner was still a couple hours away, I made an afternoon snack: cherry and grape tomatoes, torn basil, goat cheese, balsamic vinegar and basil olive oil. It felt indulgent because of my Red heart for goat cheese. Dinner tonight is at one of my favorite fast-casual restaurants! Surfside.
IMG_0832

1 comment: