Thursday, March 24, 2011

Granola–Revisited

Spring break is great, don’t get me wrong, but it’s a whole lot better when all of your friends are on it with you. Now the 7th day of spring break, I’m at a loss for things to do. When this happens, I usually turn to the kitchen. Today’s project was a new and improved batch of homemade granola.
IMG_0616
Two things to mention in this picture: new bamboo cutting board and sheet pan I got at Marshall’s yesterday! I L-U-V that place. I also found cute flats and a garlic press, it’s a one-stop-shop. I would’ve gone even more crazy, but I had to carry these things home by metro, bus and walking.
IMG_0618
This granola I discovered, surprise!, on a blog: Mehan's Kitchen.

3 cups rolled oats
3/4 cup chopped almonds
1/4 cup shaved coconut
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp butter
1/8 cup canola oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp honey (or agave nectar)
1 tsp cinnamon
pinch salt

Combine in a large bowl and spread out onto a pan covered with parchment paper. Bake at 350 for 22-25 minutes, tossing granola around pan half way through to ensure even baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment