Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Monster Smoothie

Ahh great workout this morning. The gym was basically deserted and I took my time on the machines, and even ran a bit! My breakfast of a cup of joe and a serving size bowl of Honey Bunches of Oats started me off on the right foot. Why is it that I live such a healthier lifestyle when I don’t have to work? I’m trying to take advantage of it while it lasts. For lunch I tried something that I’ve been curious about for a while: a spinach smoothie. It was shockingly good. I couldn’t even taste the spinach, except that it gave a fresh taste to the banana and yogurt mixture. I gulped down a salad-sized amount of spinach in a small glass. A great way to sneak in vegetables!
IMG_0609
Ingredients:
1 ripe banana
1 vanilla yogurt
2 handfuls of spinach
Splash of fruit juice (or milk)
Ice – optional: if you want a thicker smoothie
I added shaved coconut to the top, which gave the smoothie a nice chewiness. Thumbs up

No comments:

Post a Comment