Saturday, March 12, 2011

Homemade Granola-Almost-Bars

I am the most suggestible person I know. Yesterday at the gym, Giada was making granola bars…so what did I do after the gym? I popped into WF and picked up dried fruit and almonds to make some granola bars! I don’t know if I should be calling them bars, as these didn’t quite hold their shape after I cut them – but they are quite delicious. (It’s been a decent substitute for not eating candy).
IMG_0565
I used Giada’s recipe for homemade granola bars… but changed a few things:

2 tbsp butter
1/3 cup honey
1/3 cup brown sugar
pinch of salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 cups old fashioned oats
1 cup chopped roasted almonds
1 cup dried fruit (I used chopped prunes and dried cherries)
handful white chocolate chunks
2 tbsp flour
IMG_0566
Melt the butter in a large pot, mix in honey, sugar and salt. Add in the remaining ingredients and stir until combined. Press into an 8x8 baking dish lined with parchment and bake for 30 minutes at 300 degrees. Wait until completely cool to cut into. IMG_0567

No comments:

Post a Comment