Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

These cookies are my redemption for the blow to my baking ego this morning.
IMG_0603
I summoned the courage to make croissants out of my Tartine cookbook and had laid out the two day, multistep process to bake them. Unfortunately, these were doomed from the beginning. In the first step of making the “preferment” – a mixture of milk, yeast and flour – I must have not dissolved all of the yeast into the milk because the result was grainy and tough. Arg.
IMG_0597
So, this brings me to the peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, which happen to be perfect, thank-you-very-much.
IMG_0600
One batch made 50 small cookies. The recipe is from The Pastry Affair.

1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup peanut butter (I used chunky)
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
Pinch of salt
1 1/4 cups chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F

In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg, vanilla, and peanut butter. Beat until smooth. Mix in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the chocolate chips.

Drop small spoonful’s of dough onto a greased baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until light golden brown. 
IMG_0606

No comments:

Post a Comment