Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Greek-Style Tortellini Soup

I’m not going to say Day 1 without candy was easy, because it wasn’t. But I’m taking it one day at a time, like any 12 step program. I need to send a shout out to my mother for the delicious and easy dinner I made tonight. Anyone can make this recipe (and should make this recipe). Not to mention it could feed a family of 5. Cha-ching: leftovers.
IMG_0559
Ingredients:

4 cups less-sodium chicken broth

2 cups water

1/2 cup white wine

1/4 cup lemon juice (2 lemons)

1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper

dash –or 2- of crushed red pepper flakes

9 oz package 3-cheese tortellini

1 cup diced roast chicken (I bought a roasted chicken to save time)

1 14 oz can artichoke hearts, quartered

1 6 oz package fresh baby spinach

plain yogurt

Combine first six ingredients in a large pot. Bring to a boil and add tortellini. Cook until just tender, then add remaining ingredients (except yogurt). Serve with a scoop of plain yogurt on top. IMG_0560
A side of beer and bread compliment it nicely.
IMG_0562
Spicy, lemony, YUM.

1 comment: