Thursday, January 19, 2012

Guacamole Pasta

Two things I love that go surprisingly well together. I have always been a fan of avocados, but after a scarring incident during my childhood involving a brick and avocado tree, resulting in stapling my sisters head back together, I was a little wary. It’s okay, she forgave me and I forgave avocados.

IMG_1687

Thanks to Maria for the inspiration. Makes 2-3 servings.

Guacamole Pasta

6 ounces whole wheat spaghetti
1 avocado
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 tablespoon lemon or lime juice
1/4 cup cilantro
salt and pepper

1 tomato, diced
1/2 cup corn kernels
feta

Boil pasta until al dente. In a food processor, combine avocado, garlic, lemon juice, and cilantro until smooth. Toss with pasta and top with remaining ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment