Monday, January 16, 2012

Squash, Apple & Andouille Baked Crepes

I thanked God and MLK when I woke up this morning for giving me the day to sleep in. Travelling 800 miles in 48 hours takes it out of you. I managed a whole 15 minutes at the gym before getting too exhausted and calling it a day… I don’t have the resilience I once did. Regardless, I felt like I deserved a comforting dinner before reality comes back to bite me tomorrow.

IMG_1684

 Squash, Apple & Andouille Baked Crepes

2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/3 cup regular flour
1/3 cup wheat flour
1 pinch salt
vegetable oil

1/2 tbsp butter
1 garlic clove, minced
2 Andouille sausages
1 cup leftover cooked squash, mashed
1/2 apple, chopped
dash cayenne
dash cinnamon
salt and pepper
mozzarella cheese, shredded

Preheat oven to 400. Mix first 5 ingredients together until smooth (ideally in a blender). Heat lightly oiled nonstick skillet and pour about 1/4 cup mixture into pan, spinning to cover entire pan. Flip after 1-2 minutes, or lightly brown on the bottom. Repeat with remaining batter.

Heat butter in skillet, add garlic then crumbled sausage, and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add squash mixture to pan and cook until warmed through.

Fill crepes with squash mixture and place in a greased baking dish. Top with mozzarella and bake 5-7 minutes, until cheese is melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment