Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Pan-Seared Gnocchi with Vegetables and Basil

Smitten Kitchen was the first food blog I started following back in college. I was seduced by Deb’s amazing photography and great recipes. My all-time favorite is probably the peach cupcakes with brown sugar cream cheese icing that I made for my 22nd birthday party. (Yes, I made my own birthday cupcakes) I should have known her gnocchi recipe would be a winner. Included in the gnocchi post, she has a recipe for a pan-seared version with vegetables in butter and Parmesan. So, I followed her lead again, but tried it my way.

IMG_1707

I have no idea how this would be with not-fresh gnocchi… I’d imagine not as good.

IMG_1701

Pan-Seared Gnocchi with Vegetables and Basil

1 serving gnocchi
1 tablespoon butter
1 clove garlic, minced
Zucchini, sliced
Cherry tomatoes, halved
1 clove garlic, minced
Yellow corn
Spinach
2 tablespoons white wine
Parmesan cheese
Fresh basil
Salt and pepper
Red pepper flakes

Melt butter in a skillet, add gnocchi and cook on each side until golden brown. Remove and set aside. In the same skillet, add zucchini and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add cherry tomatoes, red pepper flakes and garlic, sauté another minute then add corn, spinach and white wine. Stir in basil then toss with gnocchi and top with parmesan, salt and pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment