Saturday, December 25, 2010

Banana Cake

Print this recipe (here)
The first thing I did when I woke up this morning was grab my Tartine cookbook and climb back into bed. The first recipe of the book is a five page, two day, step by step instructions on how to make croissants. I’ve decided I have to attempt them!
IMG_0202
Reading Tartine got me in the mood for baking our banana cake that we’re serving for dessert tonight. This recipe we found online, titled “the best ever banana cake with cream cheese frosting.” They convinced me.
First, prep all ingredients, which includes mashing four ripe bananas.
IMG_0191
Mix together the batter, alternate with buttermilk and flour mixture.
IMG_0189IMG_0195
Add in mashed banana mixture.
IMG_0196
Pour into two round cake pans and bake for an hour at 275 degrees.
IMG_0198IMG_0199
After the cakes come out of the oven, put them directly into the freezer for 45 minutes to retain moisture. Meanwhile, mix together the cream cheese frosting.
IMG_0200
We added toasted pecans instead of walnuts, because they’re just better.
IMG_0205IMG_0206
Frost the cake.
IMG_0207
Finally, pat nuts onto the side of the cake.
IMG_0210
Tasted very similar to banana bread with delicious icing. Why did I make this the day before I leave?

1 comment:

  1. "We added toasted pecans instead of walnuts, because they’re just better." Good call. Good cake! I'm glad I was here to enjoy this one.

    ReplyDelete