Friday, December 24, 2010

A Very Foodie Christmas Eve

The tradition in our house for the past few years has been to open gifts on Christmas Eve night. Unfortunately, I had one more gift in the mail I was waiting on and it never showed Sad smile But life goes on and I was still excited about giving my other gifts!
 IMG_0168
Since one goal of this trip was think about possible careers for me, Mom and I headed to Powell’s to look for “career guidance” books or tests. We couldn’t find anything that fit what we were looking for, so I decided I’d search online instead. Am I the only one who has no clue what they want to do when they grow up??
IMG_0169
A Sur La Table was across the street and I couldn’t resist a peak. They had the most delicious looking ornaments I’ve ever seen! I came out of there with a microplane grater. I don’t know how I’ve lived without it for all this time.
IMG_0170
For dinner tonight, the four of us went to Soluna, which was truly to die for. Plus it was fun to watch the chefs at work.
IMG_0175
I ordered the pan roasted salmon that sat on top of goat cheese mashed potatoes and broccolini surrounded by a merlot butter and a walnut bread stick. For dessert, unfortunately it was inhaled before a picture was able to be taken, we split the chocolate croissant bread pudding topped with vanilla ice cream and crème anglaise. It should be illegal.
IMG_0176
The most serendipitous part of the dinner was that our waitress was named China.  Crazy, I know!
IMG_0178
Then home for presents! Stella even got to partake in the gift exchange.
IMG_0181
I love all of my gifts, everyone seems to know me so well. Clearly, I have one interest. But how cool is this Top Chef jacket?!
IMG_0183
Not to mention my wonderful cookbooks and black truffle salt. Thumbs up
IMG_0185
Merry, merry Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment