Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Greek Pizza Boats

It’s fitting that on this extremely cold day I spent part of the afternoon cutting out paper snowflakes. My first attempt was pretty amateur, and didn’t make the cut.

DSCF1507

So I enlisted Martha’s help with her step-by-step instructions to create uniform, winter-wonderful holiday party décor. These will be strung up around the office for the holiday party happy hour. Budget-friendly and nostalgic.

DSCF1508

Speaking of budget-friendly, I decided on another variation of my Whole Foods salad bar pizza. The possibilities are endless when it comes to pizza, and that’s why it’s probably my favorite thing to make. This version was Greek inspired.

IMG_0076

I grabbed olives, marinated mushrooms, hearts of palm, red pepper, asparagus and cherry tomatoes from the salad bar. I sliced up the veggies, along with some red onion and threw them in a pan for a minute or two. I used the leftover French bread from last night (scooping out most of the bread to fit the filling). On top of the vegetables I spooned marinara sauce, goat cheese and mozzarella cheese.

IMG_0082

Baked these for 10 minutes at 375 and topped with parsley. Thumbs upPizza

IMG_0084

The count down has begun…4 more days until I fly home to Portland! In love

No comments:

Post a Comment