Sunday, December 5, 2010

Salmon Crostini & Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage Spaghetti

Out of nowhere, I had an intense craving for smoked salmon at work this Friday. So I went Trader Joe's at lunch time to pick some up (making sure it was "wild caught" not farm raised, much healthier!), and some of their generous samples - that day was chocolate truffles. That night our appetizers were salmon crostini and brie & crackers paired with a White Russian (yum!). 
Salmon Crostini
Toast rustic bread or baguette. Mix cream cheese with diced scallions and/or diced red onion, salt and pepper. Spread onto bread and top with sliced salmon and capers.
 Chicken Sausage Spaghetti
For dinner I made chicken sausage spaghetti. My marinara sauce was a little boring so I sautéed garlic and diced onion in butter, then added the diced sausage (casing removed) into the pan, before adding the marinara sauce. Served this on top of wheat spaghetti. 
A few hours earlier I had determined that my laptop I've had since my freshman year had finally tapped out. As I may have mentioned, I was dead-set on getting a MacBook Pro, but after a realization that I didn't need to spend that much money on a computer...I settled for an hp. It's not too bad and for the price, I can live with it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment