Thursday, December 9, 2010

Pomegranate & Goat Cheese Salad

Last night, believe it or not, I forwent dinner. Not on purpose, but one thing led to another and then it was bedtime. I attended the SMPS Holiday Party at Arena Stage with friend and colleague, Stephanie, then met people for drinks afterward. I had lots of fun and wouldn’t have changed a thing about the night, except that I was especially hungry today.
Tonight a few girls headed over to a friend (Mary Scott)'s house for another dinner get-together where all the guests bring a part of the meal – the new coolest trend, haven’t you heard? I volunteered for a salad and dessert. Dessert was a done deal, since I brought my leftover wreath corn flake cookies. The salad was conceived today while shopping at Trader Joe’s during lunch. I grabbed spinach, goat cheese (so cheap there!), rosemary pecan’s and cranberries, and a pomegranate (was going to use blueberries but no blueberries did I find). For dressing, I chose to make a balsamic vinaigrette from ingredients I had at home, and by doing so I am avoiding the sneaky msg-like ingredients they sneak into bottled dressing Winking smile. I’m actually very proud of this balsamic vinaigrette. I went at it with no recipe, only by taste.
 IMG_0064IMG_0065
Ingredients:
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
3 tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp brown sugar
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp shallot, minced
1/4 tsp dijon mustard
Salt & pepper
I’m so bad at taking pictures during these types of things, so you can use your imagination for the delicious Mexican dip & chips, green beans and quiche. As expected, everything was great. I love how these dinner break up the week so nicely. And in a few short hours it will be Friday! Party smile

No comments:

Post a Comment