Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Blueberry Pancakes & Chicken Sausage

It had been too long since I’ve had breakfast for dinner. Except last night when I had a goat cheese omelet. Or maybe I have it all the time. I don’t know, don’t worry about it, I just like it. Pancakes are the best because they use things you usually have on hand anyway.
IMG_0969
The ingredients in this version were:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon white sugar (I mixed mine with some cinnamon)
1 1/4 cups milk
1 egg
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
drizzle of vanilla

I had no idea how these were going to be because the flour was strangely pillowy and airy, but they were delish. I may or may not have had 4. The trick is to warm the oven, then keep the finished pancakes on a baking sheet inside while you cook up the rest of the batter.
IMG_0972
Sweet Italian sausage and pancakes with powdered sugar, butter and maple syrup.
IMG_0974
Things are not looking good on the Hulu front tonight. Monday night doesn’t leave us a lot of Tuesday viewing possibilities. (Besides the Bachelorette, which obviously I watch while it’s happening).

No comments:

Post a Comment