Monday, June 6, 2011

Sunday Surprise: Pizzeria Paradiso

This weekend felt very utilitarian. While I managed to do laundry, babysit, work out, garden and make it to the Farmers Market, I didn't do much playing. So Sunday afternoon, after a brief tennis match, Evan surprised me by offering to take me to Pizzeria Paradiso for dinner :) This place never disappoints. One round of draft beers, followed by the "Crostino Formaggio di Capra" - toasted homemade bread topped with goat cheese, sundried tomatoes and prosciutto di Parma.


We split the Atomica pizza: tomato, salami, black olives, hot pepper flakes, mozzarella. Their crust is what makes their pizza so amazing. Something that can really only be achieved with a wood burning oven.


We finished off the night by watching my new favorite show: Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution. I had heard of it before, but this was the first time I'd seen it. Jamie's mission is to improve food in school cafeterias, fast food restaurants and educate the public of cities around America. This season he is tackling Los Angeles. It's clearly an uphill battle but he keeps fighting the good fight. Very inspirational, but not the show to watch before bed as my mind would not shut off. It's on Hulu, in case you're interested!

No comments:

Post a Comment