Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Vegetable Pasta in Marinara

I lucked out yesterday and saw a house near my school was giving away lots of free stuff in their yard. I borrowed a friend’s car and loaded up:
IMG_0924IMG_0925
A little white frame and shelf…
IMG_0926
A chair (a wee bit dirty but that’s what slipcovers are for)
IMG_0927
And a super cute side table! Unfortunately, I wasn’t this lucky when I played our annual faculty/staff bingo game at school this afternoon. But getting out of work early did mean I got to make a run to Trader Joes and load up. For dinner, I used whatever I had in my fridge and threw it into this pasta.
IMG_0930
Ingredients:
1/2 wheat, 1/2 regular angel hair pasta
1/2 a zucchini
1/2 a yellow squash
red onion
marinara sauce
fresh basil
muenster cheese
IMG_0929
Including a side salad with homemade vinaigrette. I am now limiting myself to one dessert of Greek yogurt, frozen berries, chocolate chips and a little almond butter before I cut myself off from snacking all night. I find it helps to quit the snacking if you brush your teeth. And it does NOT help if you watch Food Network – especially Guy’s Diners, Drive-ins and Dives.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the free stuff! You know me- I'm proud. I was watching the food network with mama and John last night. Top Chef Masters! Except they are too good and use too many strange things for me to really get hungry. My worst was Chef Batali's show where he just goes around making delicious-looking Italian food.

    ReplyDelete