Monday, June 20, 2011

Salmon Orzo Salad

It’s a wonderful thing when everything in your refrigerator comes together and makes a delicious ‘salad’ and leaves you with heaping extras. I just kept opening the fridge and adding things in.
IMG_0937
Contents:

1/2 box of orzo, boiled for 9 minutes
1 can salmon (my first experience with canned salmon, I’m a fan)
cucumber, diced
tomato, diced
red onion, finely chopped
one green onion
goat cheese
a little fresh basil
a little fresh dill
capers
1 tsp dijon mustard
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
lemon juice from half a lemon
salt & pepper

It would have been just as good with half of the ingredients, but if you don’t use it- you lose it! (Especially when it comes to fresh vegetables).

I know everyone is as excited as I am to see what drama goes down on The Bach tonight. Bachelorette watching/wine sipping parties really improve Monday nights. Unfortunately, my aggressive workout today has left my stomach hurting (a weird reaction, but I think the workout is to blame) so I will go curl into a ball until its party time.

No comments:

Post a Comment