Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Dinner Party

Our dinner party of five was fun and delicious and I would love to be able to show you every moment of it...except my camera mysteriously died RIGHT before I started cooking. Tragedy. It may have been the 4/$1 batteries I bought at Target, or the fact my camera is super cheap...maybe I should start spending more money on things.
~Menu~
Cranberry Relish over Cream Cheese 
with Wheat Thins
Cream Cheese & Hot Pepper Jelly 
Fried Won Tons
Goat Cheese, Spinach & Roasted Red Pepper Pizza
Blueberry & Raspberry Custard Pie
It's a good thing this group liked cheese! Having both appetizers with cream cheese was not planned but they were so different it didn't matter.
I had the pizzas assembled ahead of time so I spent about 3 seconds in the kitchen while everyone was at our house.


Goat cheese, Spinach & Roasted Red Pepper Pizza
Ingredients: (measurements are up to you!)
4 flatbreads (or 2 thin crust pizza doughs) 
Spinach leaves
Mushrooms
Red onion
3 cloves garlic, minced and mixed into 4 tbsp. olive oil
Roasted Red Peppers, sliced
Goat cheese, crumbled
Basil, chopped
*Spread 1/2 olive oil & garlic mixture on the pizza crusts, then layer spinach leaves on top to cover. Spread mushrooms, onions, peppers, goat cheese and 1/2 the basil on top of the spinach. Drizzle with remaining olive oil. Bake at 400 for 12-15 minutes. Sprinkle remaining basil.
One of the girls, Lauren, brought a delicious pie that she had submitted in a pie competition at work the day before, but had lost. Those judges were crazy because this pie was amazing. I should know, I had two pieces last night and one when I got home from work today :)
Can't wait for the next dp!

No comments:

Post a Comment