Tuesday, November 16, 2010

White Bean, Tuna and Roasted Red Pepper Flatbread

Yesterday was a just-get-through-it type of day. It all revolved around waking up to a dead Blackberry...not just the battery, like the phone was dunzo. Dinner reflected my day, as it was a simple plate of pasta with marinara. 
Today was a better day. My old, little blackberry was brought back from the dead as a replacement and things fell back into place. In the five seconds I had free at work, I brainstormed to come up with a completely original dinner. For some reason, pizza and tuna came to me. I googled and found ideas to bring it to life. 
Most of the stuff I had around the house, so I just had to grab a couple things at Whole Paycheck Foods after work. The result was seriously good.
Ingredients:
1 can white tuna
1 flatbread
1 cup white beans
1/4 tsp. dried basil (or fresh)
1/4 tsp. dried oregano
2 squeezes of lemon
S&P
Splash of red wine vinegar
Capers
Red pepper flakes
Roasted red peppers, cut into strips
Grated Parmesan


Mash white beans, mix in basil, oregano, one squeeze lemon juice and salt and pepper. In a separate bowl mix tuna, 1 squeeze of lemon, red wine vinegar and capers. Spread white bean mixture on top of flatbread, followed by tuna mixture, sliced roasted red pepper, red pepper flakes and Parmesan cheese. 





No comments:

Post a Comment