Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving and My New Camera

Happy belated Thanksgiving :) I had a lovely holiday down in Raleigh, NC and everything was delicious - especially the chocolate chess pie! I combined a few recipes to come up with a sweet potato dish that I thought was pretty good. 
Sweet Potatoes (top left), Broccoli Casserole, Dried Cherry Bourbon Stuffing
Ingredients:
4 sweet potatoes
2 eggs
1/8 cup honey
1/8 cup sugar
4 tbsp. softened butter
1/3 cup milk
2 tbsp. fresh orange juice
1 tsp orange zest
1/4 tsp cinnamon
dash of nutmeg 
... I think that's it.


Bake, boil or microwave the sweet potatoes until soft. Mash in a bowl, add eggs, milk & butter, combine with potatoes. Add the remaining ingredients, tasting until you think it's perfect. Spread into 9x13 inch pan.


For the crumble:
3/4 cup flour
1 cup brown sugar
1 stick cold unsalted butter, diced
1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup chopped pecans
A dash of cinnamon


Mix all together with beaters until combined. Sprinkle over top of sweet potato mixture. Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes.
Cranberry Relishes, Turkey, Brussel Sprouts, Corn Pudding
I apologize for camera phone pictures. During this time period I lost the ability to upload pictures with my old camera BUT Christmas came early for me as Evan and I went to pick out my new one at Best Buy a couple days after Thanksgiving :) I'm so excited about my Canon PowerShort SX130 and hopefully my food pictures will improve. 

Before we headed home, I was able to stop by Greensboro and visit with friends.

And help decorate the Christmas tree - isn't he precious?
No surprise to anyone, we got stuck in killer traffic starting about 100 miles out from DC, and it took an extra hour and a half to get home. 
Back to reality!

No comments:

Post a Comment