Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Marinara Poached Eggs on Garlic Bread

They weren't kidding when they said you'd feel as if a bus ran you over the day after Bikram yoga. I'm currently having serious walking issues, which resulted in me slipping and falling on my back in the middle of my hallway a minute ago. I'm sure that will help the soreness.
While perusing the web today, I came across a recipe for marinara poached eggs and was very intrigued. Its probably the easiest recipe in the world and surprisingly delicious. 
I poured one to two cups of marinara into a pan over medium-high heat, then cracked the eggs into the pan after the marinara was bubbling. I covered the pan and let it cook for about 5 to 7 minutes so the yolk was cooked through. I put the eggs and sauce on a piece of sourdough garlic bread with fresh basil, and would have grated Parmesan on top if I had the patience. 
I served this with my favorite salad combination of all time: spinach, goat cheese, strawberries, craisins and pecan pralines with balsamic vinaigrette. Those pecans are going on top of some vanilla ice cream later, for sure.

1 comment: